- Life in Japan
- News & Updates
My Jimoto – My Town Essay Contest
Link Japan Careers has turned 5 years old!
Each of them has joined countless others in making their own Japan stories and we would love to hear some of them.
This is your invitation to write an essay sharing positive experiences from your time in Japan that you would be excited for other people to know more about. Topics to write about may include an eye-opening cultural experience, things that you love about your town, episodes of personal interaction that bridged a cultural gap, and so on.
“Write a 1000 word essay about your Jimoto:
‘Hometown’ in Japan”
To enter simply:
- Confirm your eligibility and the terms and conditions here.
- Register your preferred name and email.
- Submit your essay between 500 ~1000 words about your “Jimoto” hometown in Japan and why it has been special to you. Please submit you entry as a PDF written in English and include your name and email in the header of each page.
- The contest will run from December 6, 2021 to December 27, 2021
- Winners will be announced on January 6, 2022
Prizes (Amazon Gift Card):
- Grand Prize : 60,000 yen
- Second Place: 50,000 yen
- Third Place: 40,000 yen
- Judges Award: 30,000 yen